Mar 21, 2016
Welcome back! Today's episode is about a very important topic:
financial considerations before, during, and after law school. If
you're thinking about taking out law school loans, or you already
have, this one is for you!
In this episode we discuss:
- Why is law school debt such a huge issue for so many
- What is the average law student debt?
- The causes of this staggering debt load
- Pros and cons of the alternative approaches to pay off your
- Downsides of IBR and LRAP that might not be obvious
- How to make sure you understand what you are in for and what
the payoff will be for loans before you accept them
- Whether schools are lying about your job prospects
- Types of student loans and how they work
- Scholarship options, and why you need to be clear about how
likely you are to keep a scholarship after the first year (hint -
it might be a lot harder than you expect!)
- Alison shares her experience negotiating financial aid with her
- Tips to save money as a law student
- Potential side hustles for law students
Thanks for listening!
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating
on iTunes. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can
always reach us via the contact form on the Law
School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact).
Alison & Lee